This is my own recipe, inspiration for which has come from fried Queso Blanco cheese I was enjoying very much during my recent stay in Mexico. This dish turned out so-o-o-o tasty that I just could not hold it to myself. So, make yourself a favor - try it, you won't be disappointed.
What it is
Cubed cheese and zucchini thrown together and fried with some garlic make the dish. Zucchini become tender and very flavorful from garlic, cheese is beautifully chewy and stretchy and juices of both are yield in a great deliciousness.
Juicy, chewy and flavorful with a soft and silky taste.
What I like about this recipe
# 1 - fast
# 2 - easy
# 3 - tasty
# 4 - healthy. What to ask for more?
For a kick, some fresh jalapeno can be added along with zucchini. Or sprinkle some red pepper flakes at the end if you feel so.
3 zucchini, diced
1 lb Queso Blanco, diced in 1/2" cubes
4- garlic cloves
pinch of salt
3 tbs light olive oil
- In a heated skillet with olive oil, toss zucchini and cheese cubes all together.
- Cook stirring for 1 minute. Cheese will melt.
- Add grated garlic, salt and stir to incorporate it evenly throughout the cheese and zucchini.
- Cook on a medium heat, occasionally flipping over parts of the skillet content until cheese gets some brown crusts and zucchini become soft and slightly crusted.
- All cooking process will take no more than 15 minutes. Enjoy with good country style crusted bread or on a top of steamed rice.