Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tortilla chips

Blog's Category: My Own Fast and Easy


Inspiration
When I have made eggplant dip recently I didn't have anything to eat it with. Tortilla, I always have on hands to fix quick school lunches, and fridge door packed with different sauces - that's all I had at the moment. Let's see what I come up with.

Why I Liked It
Sweet & spicy & crispy - what not to like about? It is tasty, healthy and very quick fixing when you crave for crunchyness.

Taste Description
Level of spiciness depends on how spicy your sauce is and how thickly you spread it. My chips turned out medium-spicy with a very well defined sweetness. Texture was crunchy and a little bit flaky which is nice feature also.

Variations
Any non-watery high-viscosity sauce will work here. Make sure you add some oil - it can be olive oil or any other oil you like. Oil gives a nice crunch and color.
If you would like to use your favorite spice mix here - go for it!. Just mix it with oil first.

Tips
- Use tongue to get chips in and out of the oven - it will save your hands from burn marks which tend to stay for months on a skin.
- To cut tortilla in wedges use sharp chef's knife or pizza cutter.

Tortilla Chips

4 wheat tortillas
2 tbs Sweet & Spicy sauce (I used Tabasco brand)
2 tbs light olive oil


- Mix together Sweet & Sour sauce and olive oil.

- Brush sauce mix onto tortillas using brush, spoon or your own fingers (if you brave enough :)). Cut tortillas into 8 wedges and bake in an oven (I used my toaster-oven) until golden-brown and crispy.

- Serve topped with any kind of dip or salad or just on a side of your salad. Enjoy! Anything crunchy is a great stuff to munch on ;)

Tortilla chip with Eggplant Dip

Tortilla chip with Vinegret salad


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!