Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Flourless Banana Coconut Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies

For those on paleo diet, or gluten-free diet, and everybody else, here is a recipe of near-healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies with banana, pecan, coconut flakes and chocolate chips. No flour. None.

Blog's Category: Dessert, Effortless, Healthy, Kid's Favorite, My Own Fast and Easy, Vegetarian



Intro

I love bread, pastry, dough.. But. It feels like I have to limit myself on consumption of all these goodness. Therefore, when during my last grocery shopping I bought too many bananas to eat them raw, I started to search for flourless recipes utilizing bananas. I didn't care for a pancakes and went straight for cookies. The recipe below is a result inspired by a recipes I found browsing a net.


In a Nutshell

- I could name these cookies tropical chocolate chip cookies because of banana and coconut. 
- No sugar as ingredient. There are plenty of sweetness in chocolate chips, coconut and banana. I used organic unsweetened large coconut flakes.
- No flour. At all.
- Just a few ingredients.
- Easy to make. Throw In. Stir. Bake.
- Can be disguised as candy ;)
- If you want to go completely vegan - just don't include eggs. 

Taste Description

Sweet. Flavorful. When fresh - crunchy on outside, chewy inside, with a lot of soft chocolate chips. Next day crunch is gone, but it is still pleasantly chewy and delicious.


Flourless Banana Coconut Pecan 
Chocolate Chip Cookies



For about 30-35 small cookies:
  • 8 oz pecans, coarsely chopped 
  • 8 oz large coconut flakes (or shredded coconut), unsweetened
  • 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 6 bananas, mashed
  • 2 eggs

- Preheat oven to 350F and line your baking sheet with oiled foil or a silicon mat.

- Using potato masher. mash your bananas.

- Lightly bit eggs and mix them with mashed bananas. 

- In a large bowl, mix together the rest of ingredients and banana-egg mix.

- With a small cookie-dough spoon, spoon mix onto prepared baking sheet.

- Bake for about 30 minutes or until coconut flakes are golden-brown.

- Remove from an oven and enjoy!


*******************************************************************************************************************************
In Pictures




Actually, I used a little bit of shredded coconut along with flaked coconut, as I was using the leftovers of both. Together, it was about 8oz (as recipe states).










Still warm. Chocolate chips are still buttery soft.. heaven :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!