Blog's Category: Effortless, Healthy, Hors D'oeuvre, My Own Fast and Easy, My Staple Food, Vegetarian
In - A - Nutshell
- Goat cheese is a key for this recipe. I have tried this recipe with different kinds of cheese - goat cheese wins! It doesn't melt completely, rather becomes soft, very flavorful, it's pudginess calms and transforms into bright umami aftertaste.
- It is one of the few roasted vegetable recipes that takes literally 5 minutes to prepare, requires a very few ingredients and takes just 15 minutes to bake.
- When in a hurry, I use my toaster oven and pop squash, topped with cheese mixture, even without bothering to preheat it - easy breezy.
- If using foil, you can even skip the "favorite" part - washing dishes ;)
- Recipe does not call for salt because combination of light saltiness of cheese mixture and natural sweetness of squash is awesome-est!
- 3 yellow summer squash, sliced in half
- 3 tbs goat cheese (about 2 " of log)
- 1 tbs mayonnaise
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix goat cheese with mayo.
- Place squash halves on a baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil, mill some black pepper on top and loosely spread cheese mixture on top.
- Roast for about 15 minutes or until cheese get some color.