Friday, June 16, 2017

Chicken Breast and Spinach Meatloaf

It's not your regular meatloaf, it's a king of all meatloaves. You will agree with this strong statement after you are going to try this recipe. With just a few ingredients, you can perfect your meatloaf skills and, perhaps, add another recipe to your family favorites.   

Blog's Category: Chicken, Healthy, My Own Fast and Easy



In a Few Words ...

- I was about to make my usual chicken breast patties called "kotleti" but got lazy.. After all scooping mix, forming patties, frying them... Too much work, I thought, and decided to make meatloaf. For an oven baked meatloaf, it is important to add ingredient that will prevent meatloaf from being dry. Spinach, I had at a time in my fridge and couple splashes of cream will definitely make my meatloaf juicy and delicious. It was a great idea - meatloaf turned very good, tender, juicy, flavorful.

- As any meatloaf, this meatloaf is a great choice for potluck, picnic or party at a park. It is great served with any side of your choice. On my pictures, you are seeing meatloaf, still warm, on a piece of multi-grain crisp bread and also with a side of rice, generously drizzled with chili oil.


Chicken Breast and Spinach Meatloaf


  • 1 large bunch of spinach
  • 1 lb chicken breast, ground
  • eggs
  • 1/2 c cream
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp black pepper, ground
  • olive oil to grease a baking dish
  • 1/3 c grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat an oven to 380F.

- Blanch spinach in a boiling water for a few seconds. Drain, then rinse under cold water, squeeze nicely to get rid of extra water and chop. 

- In a large bowl, mix together ground chicken breast, chopped spinach, cream, eggs, salt and pepper.

- Transfer meat mixture into oiled baking dish, top with a parmesan and cook in an oven for about 40 minutes or until it is completely cooked through and top is golden-brown.

- Remove from oven, let it rest for about 15 minutes and enjoy!



*******************************************************************************************************************************
In Pictures








Here you see one of my favorite tools - dough mixer, sturdy wired heavy-duty hand mixer  I use it to mix thick mixes, when spoon or whisk are just not good enough to do a job.


It's a good thing I made a double batch... meatloaf disappeared in no time :)


Meatloaf on a top of rice, drizzled with my Szechuan chili oil..

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!