Wednesday, March 21, 2012

What's for Dinner - Vegetable Stir-Fry and Kimchi Potstickers

Why to do posts of my dinners? Just for fun... Foodies are interested in what other foodies eat on a regular day-to-day basis. I hope it will satisfy someones curiousity and you'll be returning again and again. I may miss day or two but, in genera,l will be making short posts everyday. O yeaa.. also, thanks to my son's gift - Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate cell phone with a great buit-in camera, I can take decent pictures in a breeze no matter where I am at the moment. So, see you tomorrow!

3/21/2012
Vegetable Stir-Fry and Kimchi Potstickers
Where?
At home

Who's the cook?
Asian store (potstickers), Costco (frozen vegetables for stir-fry), sauce/dip made by myself as exercise for upcoming challenge for DK.

What?
- Kimchi potstickers - it's our favorite from asian store, 10 minutes to cook from frozen state to golden crispy/chewy delight.
- Stir-fry from Costco is a great mix of pea pods, green beans, carrot, baby corn, shitake and water chestnuts. It's very tasty even without any additions - just stir-fried in a little olive oil.
- Sauce I made with crazy ingredients: instant coffee, maple syrup, balsamic vinegar and ground dry chipotle pepper. Weird components but surprisingly it created great gravy-type sauce. I made it bechamel type with olive oil instead of butter with a little ground freshly roasted coriander seeds.

Huh?
Very delicious dinner, may be a little more calories than I wanted. I need to use less oil in my cooking.



This is my Crazy Coffee Bechamel sauce(let's name it this way)

Our lovely potsticker (it's kimchi cabbage and some type of chewy vegetable protein inside).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!