Tuesday, April 17, 2012

What's for Dinner - Mexico Resort Food, Day 4


Why to do posts of my dinners? Just for fun... Foodies are interested in what other foodies eat on a regular day-to-day basis. I hope it will satisfy someones curiousity and you'll be returning again and again. I may miss day or two but, in general, l will be making short posts everyday. O yeaa.. also, thanks to my son's gift - Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate cell phone with a great buit-in camera, I can take decent pictures in a breeze no matter where I am at the moment. So, see you tomorrow!


4/17/2012
Mexico Resort Food - Day 4


Where?
Cancun all-inclusive resort

Who's the cook?
Some Mexican chef :)


What?
On a picture, clock-wise, starting from the bottom-right:
- Deep-fried fish (unknown kind)
- Mexican-type of cheese fried with a cactus
- Salmon, baked with bechamel-type sauce on top
- Green beans sauteed with shallots
- Potato puree
- Baked broccoli with cheese
- Cheddar baked cauliflower

Delicious?
Everything was average. I expected much more flavor from cactus (never tried it before). Interestingly that all food was under-seasoned; must be meant to be eaten with various spicy sauces standing nearby. But unfortunately, I could not tolerate that level of spicyness - silly me I thought I like spicy food. Turned out I like "baby-level" heat :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!