Thursday, June 21, 2012

Soba Noodles with Peanut Butter Sauce

Blog's Category: International, My Staple Food


Intro
Soba noodles are Asian style noodles made of buckwheat flour. Knowing my soft spot for buckwheat in general, it's no surprise that soba got my attention many years ago when I discovered them. Couple years later I happened to try to make Chinese peanut butter sauce and figured out that this sauce and soba noodles is a perfect pairing!
Since then I make it at request of my kids that like it a lot. The dish is fast, easy, filling and pretty healthy - give it a try!

Variations
- Sauce is pretty "finicky" to experiment with - I tried to do it with no apparent success. So, the recipe below is the exact way to go with it.
- We love this sauce with soba noodles, but I assume, any pasta would go very well with it.


Soba Noodles with Peanut Butter Sauce

Serves 6

4 bundles of soba noodles 
some salt

Sauce:

1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
2 tbs soy sauce
4 tsp grated/minced garlic
1/2 c hot water
3 tbs apple cider vinegar
2 tsp sugar
1/4 c chopped fresh cilantro
3/4 tsp dried crushed red pepper

- Cook soba noodles according to direction on a package. Drain, rinse and set aside.

- For the sauce, in a medium size bowl, mix peanut butter with soy sauce and garlic.

- Add hot water (I use hot water from a kettle) and mix it thoroughly with a whisk until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and mix again. Add more water at any time to make it thinner.

- Warm up your noodles if needed and serve them warm with peanut butter sauce poured on a top of it. Enjoy!
*********************************************************************************************************************************
IN PICTURES





..mixing in hot water




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!