Guilt Free Biscotti
- Whisk together eggs, brown sugar and vanilla extract. Add nuts and fruits to the egg mixture. Stir.
- Add flour mixture to the egg/nuts/fruits mixture. Stir to combine everything nicely. Add brandy, stir again. You will get somewhat thick mixture (well, mostly nuts and fruits with specks of dough :)).
- Cover baking sheet with a foil or parchment paper. Oil lightly with an olive oil. With your hand still oily, distribute dough mixture on a baking sheet in a thin, about 1/2 -1 ", layer.
- Bake for about 20-30 minutes or until your biscotti sheet is brown, has risen up and toothpick comes out dry.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down for 10-15 minutes and then cut in a 1.5" squares. Enjoy!
This time I used filbert nuts and almonds, apricots, cranberries, raisin and figs (which I regret - those were tough, dry and "sandy" to a tooth). Nevertheless, biscotti disappeared quickly and I have just memory of them right now :)
I wasn't accurate in flour measurements this time and got too much flour (so, stick to the recipe please). Biscotti were a bit tougher because of this but still very good.
Also, I didn't have brandy - used peach schnapps..still good :)
It's a bit messy to get it on a baking sheet - do not try to be too presize layering the dough. It will expand and make itself more even.
Ready to go to the oven
.. and out of the oven
Cut it up using sharp thin-bladed knife.