Saturday, June 29, 2013

Breakfast Oatmeal Muffin

As a breakfast, I like some kind of pastry with my morning coffee, not bowl of hot oatmeal or cold cereal... A little magic and voila - a bowl of oatmeal turns into nice, rustic looking muffin - here is the recipe.

Blog's Category: My Own Fast and Easy, Perfect Breakfast

Breakfast Oatmeal Muffin


Intro

That was whole point of making these muffins - for a flour, to use only oatmeal flour and for fat to add only olive oil. Do you see where I'm going? Doesn't it sound like a very healthy option for a breakfast? Really, hot oatmeal just does not look like a good partner to my morning coffee - I need a pastry, guilt-free, slightly sweet piece of fruity-bready-choco goodness.
This kind of breakfast for a weekdays would be an ideal option for me. I hope, this muffin recipe is just a beginning and I'll be posting any other successful tries on this subject.

 
What is it

This is a mix of all good-for-you ingredients, baked in a shape of muffin and meant to be "all-inclusive" breakfast, along with your hot drink of course, to start your day with.


Taste Description

They are rich, not feathery light but rather dense, in a good way, muffins. One goes a long way - you will be fine up until the lunch.
Not overly sweet, with a subtle fruity undertones of a date syrup, they will satisfy your sweet tooth anyway with abundance of raisins that will pop up in your mouth with a its natural sugars.
Surprisingly, you won't taste oatmeal at all, but rather nice earthy flavors reminiscent of that of rye flour bread. Nuts bring lovely crunchy bits into all this goodness.


How to Serve

Serve with a butter on a side for those who wants full-blow enjoyment. For those more conscious (I hate myself :)), these muffins are still very good without any boosting agents.
Have a cup of tea or coffee handy...
In a covered container, they will hold up for a few days even without fridge.

Breakfast Oatmeal Muffin
 
For 6 large muffins:
  • 4 cups of old fashioned oats
  • 2/3 c date syrup
  • 2 c chopped walnuts
  • 2 c raisin
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3 tsp salt
  • 1/2 c olive oil
- In a food processor, spin oatmeal into unevenly ground, medium-coarse flour.

- In a large bowl, with your hands, mix all ingredients together.

- Preheat oven to 320F. Spoon mixture into silicon muffin cups and bake for about 30-40 minutes until muffins are baked through. Don't forget to butter up muffin tins if using metal ones.

- Enjoy!


Some Notes

- Although I'm still pretty skeptical about safety of using silicon for baking, convenience won - I just love non-stick qualities of silicon - no greasing needed!
- I buy my date syrup in middle-eastern grocery store. If you don't have it, substitute with molasses or honey but keep in mind that honey is sweeter.

*******************************************************************************************************************************
IN PICTURES


I didn't have walnuts so I used roughly chopped almonds. Though I liked my muffins, I still think that walnuts would be better fit.



What a luxury - no need for greasing - silicon muffin cups do a great job of baking without troubles when you get your muffin out. They are easy to clean too - just soak in a water for a little bit and the rest is just piece of cake. Sorry - I don't know if they are "dishwashable", I assume yes but didn't try it.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!