buttermilk - 3 cups
eggs - 2
salt - 1 tsp
sugar - 3 tbs
soda - 2 tsp
baking powder - 3 tsp
all-purpose unbleached flour - 3 cups
whole white wheat flour - 3 cups
- In a separate bowls, mix all dry and all wet ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and briefly stir to get sticky but not runny dough. Add some more flour if needed - dough has to be soft but holding together well.
- Cover bowl with dough and set aside for about 30 min for gluten to develop.
- Invert dough into generously oiled with light olive oil glass baking dish (I used dish in a shape of regular loaf).
- Pop in a preheated to 360F oven and bake for about 1 hour. Bread is done when it's well browned on the outside and sides seeing through glass seem to be browned as well.
- Take bread out of oven, lay it on its side and cover with clean towel.
- It's ready to eat when it's cooled down to slightly warm. Enjoy!
It's great with butter and caviar. Well, this bread is great just with butter also.