Thursday, April 12, 2012

What's for Dinner - Cauliflower Salad




Why to do posts of my dinners? Just for fun... Foodies are interested in what other foodies eat on a regular day-to-day basis. I hope it will satisfy someones curiousity and you'll be returning again and again. I may miss day or two but, in genera,l will be making short posts everyday. O yeaa.. also, thanks to my son's gift - Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate cell phone with a great buit-in camera, I can take decent pictures in a breeze no matter where I am at the moment. So, see you tomorrow!


4/12/2012
Cauliflower Salad

Where?
At home


Who's the cook?
Yours truly :)


What?
- Cauliflower Salad (raw cauliflower shaved on mandoline + sliced cucumbers and pickles + feta cheese crumbles + mayo diluted with lemon juice)
- Couple multigrain crackers with goat cheese mixed with a lot of garlic.

Delicious?
Salad was nice and crunchy although I definitely missed canned green peas there (love this stuff). I guess my love to canned green peas stems from my USSR-childhood when canned peas was in a "deficit" in stores and every can was saved for USSR-staple - salad "olivie" -  where peas are irreplaceable part of the dish. Anyway, I always try to sneak canned peas in every salad I make, but this time I was out of it :( Time to stock up on it again!
Back to dinner - goat cheese with garlic, spread on multigrain cracker, was welcome addition to my salad, which was screaming for some substance in a form of solid protein or hearty carbs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!